Next Meeting: 7:00 pm Thursday, February 13, 2020 at the ONTV Studio
(1349 Joslyn Road Lake Orion). Meetings are open to the public.
Who We Are.
The Orion Community Cable Communications Commission (Orion Cable Commission) was created by an intergovernmental agreement between the Village of Lake Orion and Orion Township in 1984. The intent was to create a single cable communications market to be served by a single franchisee, with the specific purpose of being able to provide the most technologically advanced system of cable communication at the lowest reasonable cost to subscribers.
what we do.
Some duties and responsibilities of the OCCCC as set forth in the Cable Communications Ordinances (Orion Township #80, Village of Lake Orion #16.05) are:
- Negotiate with prospective franchise applicants.
- Establish general policy relating to community programming channels (Public, Education, and Government, (PEG) channels).
- Encourage the use of PEG channels by institutions, groups, and individuals within the Township and Village.
- Provide for the administration, management, and operation of the PEG channels and public access facilities and equipment.
- Conduct evaluations of the cable system and make recommendations regarding amendments to the Cable Communications ordinances.
- Review the performance of franchisees and report franchise violations to Orion Township and the Village of Lake Orion.
- Make recommendations to Orion Township and the Village of Lake Orion with regard to franchise renewal or possible acquisition of the cable system by Orion Township and the Village of Lake Orion.
- Approve or reject proposed transfers of ownership or control of the cable system.
- Prepare an annual budget to be approved by joint resolution of Orion Township and the Village of Lake Orion.
- Prepare an annual report.
where we are.
The Orion Cable Commission meets at 7:00 pm on the second Thursday in even-numbered months at ONTV, 1349 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion.
Orion Neighborhood Television (ONTV) is the non-profit corporation that the Commission has contracted with to manage the public, education, and government access channels (Comcast channel 10, 20, 22; AT&T channel 99) and the public access facility and equipment. For more information about ONTV, visit their website at www.orionontv.org.